KWA will be adjusting to the new rules in place for COVID-19 shutdown Read More
In the United States, federal law and regulations indicate that all airsoft guns transported or imported into the country must have a 6mm wide blaze orange tip or a blaze orange stripe 1 inch (2.54 centimeters) thick on both sides of the barrel.
KWA Performance Industries, Inc. is in full support of airsoft safety and does adhere/comply with all Federal and States laws regarding required gun markings including, but not limited to, 15 C.F.R. Part 272 and the following:
CA SB-199, Section 16700 as added to the Penal Code, to read:
(a) As used in this part, “imitation firearm” means any BB device, toy gun, replica of a firearm, or other device that is so substantially similar in coloration and overall appearance to an existing firearm as to lead a reasonable person to perceive that the device is a firearm.
(b) As used in Section 20165, “imitation firearm” does not include any of the following:
(1) A non-firing collector’s replica that is historically significant, and is offered for sale in conjunction with a wall plaque or presentation case.
(2) A spot marker gun which expels a projectile that is greater than 10mm caliber.
(3) A BB device that expels a projectile, such as a BB or pellet, that is other than 6mm or 8mm caliber.
(4) A BB device that is an airsoft gun that expels a projectile, such as a BB or pellet, that is 6mm or 8mm caliber which meets the following:
(A) If the airsoft gun is configured as a handgun, in addition to the blaze orange ring on the barrel required by federal law, the airsoft gun has a trigger guard that has fluorescent coloration over the entire guard, and there is a two centimeter wide adhesive band around the circumference of the protruding pistol grip that has fluorescent coloration.
(B) If the airsoft gun is configured as a rifle or long gun, in addition to the blaze orange ring on the barrel required by federal law, the airsoft gun has a trigger guard that has fluorescent coloration over the entire guard, and there is a two centimeter wide adhesive band with fluorescent coloring around the circumference of any two of the following: (i) The protruding pistol grip. (ii) The buttstock. (iii) A protruding ammunition magazine or clip.
(5) A device where the entire exterior surface of the device is white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright blue, bright pink, or bright purple, either singly or as the predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern, or where the entire device is constructed of transparent or translucent materials which permits unmistakable observation of the device’s complete contents. (c) The adhesive bands described in paragraph (4) of subdivision (b) shall be applied in a manner not intended for removal, and shall be in place on the airsoft gun prior to sale to a customer. (d) This section shall be operative on January 1, 2016.
NEW YORK / N.Y. CONSOLIDATED LAWS Article 39-B. Imitation Weapons
871. Definitions 1. “Firearm” as used in this section shall have the same meaning as that term is defined by subdivision three of section 265.00 of the penal law and shall include machine guns, rifles and shotguns as those terms are defined by subdivisions one, eleven and twelve, respectively, of section 265.00 of the penal law. 2. “Imitation weapon” means any device or object made of plastic, wood, metal or any other material which substantially duplicates or can reasonably be perceived to be an actual firearm, air rifle, pellet gun, or “B-B” gun; unless such imitation weapon (a) is colored other than black, blue, silver or aluminum, (b) is marked with a non-removable orange stripe which is at least one inch in width and runs the entire length of the barrel on each side and the front end of the barrel, and (c) has a barrel at least one inch in diameter that is closed for a distance of not less than one-half inch from the front-end of its barrel with the same material of which the imitation weapon is made. “Imitation weapon” does not include any non-firing replica of an antique firearm, the original of which was designed, manufactured and produced prior to eighteen hundred ninety-eight.
For any questions regarding the legal use of airsoft products in your area, please consult with your local authorities. KWA Performance Industries, Inc.
The KWA Compliance Notice applies to the SKU/products listed below and all items listed on https://store.kwausa.com and all its subpages.